Most people will at some point in life develop acne.
The skin condition is characterized by spots, and the skin can feel hot, irritable, and painful when touched. You’ll find most people how to have acne tend to have an oily skin type.
The condition mostly appears on the face (affects a majority of people prone to acne), the back (affects over half of the people likely to get acne), and the chest (affects around an eighth of people who develop acne).
Types Of Acne
Individuals that develop acne will have spots, and these can be any of the following six types:
Blackheads They are yellowish or black bumps that aren’t full of dirt. In most cases, the spot will be black and this due to the pigmentation produced at the inner lining of the hair follicle.
Whiteheads resemble blackheads but fill firmer and do not ooze when pinched or squished.
Papules have a red hue and may be sore and tender to touch.
Pustules look like papules but have a centered tip that’s white which due to the accumulated pus in the bumps.
Nodules are large lumps that are hard that form under the skin, building up to the surface. They can be irritated and sore when touched.
Cysts are the most severe of acne spots. They are large and full of pus. They can even grow to resemble boils and will at times cause permanent scarring.
What To Do When You Have Acne
It is possible to deal with acne with the following self-treatment techniques:
- Avoid washing the affected area more than twice as it can cause irritation and this may exasperate the condition.
- When washing, use a mild soap, a soft washcloth, and lukewarm water. Using too cold or too hot water makes things worse.
- Avoid popping the spots or scratching them because it can worsen the problem and lead to permanent scarring.
- Limit the use of cosmetics and make-up. If you have to put on some make-up, give preference to the water-based non-comedogenic products; they do not clog the pores.
- Always wash up before bed to remove the make-up and get rid of any dirt on the skin.
- Water-based emollients, preferably those with not fragrance additives, are ideal for the dry skin types.
- Exercising can help manage acne and prevent flare-ups in future. The sweating helps to remove the toxins in the body that can also contribute to the development of acne. Regular workouts will also improve self-esteem.
- Keep your hair clean and try to limit contact with your face, especially if you are prone to acne.
- Some products such as creams, gels, and lotions are available that can help to control the conditions.
- See a dermatologist if you develop acne so that the doctor can prescribe the best course of treatment that suits your skin type. The doctor may recommend the use of products with a low amount of benzoyl peroxide.
- For people with a severe case of acne that manifests on the face, chest, and back, the use of more potent pharmaceutical products along with prescribed antibiotics may help.
How To Get Rid Of Acne Fast
Dr. Berg talks about treating Acne from the root cause and not treating the Acne directly on the face.
There are a number of great tips for treatment to cure and get back to smooth clear skin, including not to take antibiotics, along with using prescription drugs.
The solution is to find what the problem is in your case and how to treat it
Check out the video below to cure your Acne
When To Seek Medical Advice
Any case of acne can be distressing and make the affected person feel unhappy and to have low self-esteem. It is wise to see a doctor if the over-the-counter medication does not offer any results.
It is also necessary to see the dermatologist if you develop cysts so that they can be appropriately treated and lower the risk of scarring. Avoid picking and squeezing the spots as this can lead to permanent scarring.
Most of what is prescribed by your doctor treat the symptoms and boosts the body’s response to fights the skin condition. Desirable results from the treatment may take at least 8 – 12 weeks to show.
I hope my first blog was helpful to you and if you do suffer from Acne don’t stress, it can be cleared trying some of the techniques that I share.